My favourite albums at the moment.

 Music is one of my most favorite things, to hear such melodies every day truly makes it a bit easier to get out of bed. Even I have some songs as alarms so that if I hear a song I know what time it is.

With this blog post, I would like to share some of my favorite albums at the moment, and why I started to listen to them.

1. To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar


Because I wanted to practice my listening more. I started to watch "video essays", one of those essays was about Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp A Butterfly" a 2015 album that talks about racial issues in America mixed with Kendrick's experience as a kid living in Compton.

It touches on the struggle of African Americans with social issues with a true, honest commentary by Kendrick, even if before he never had talked about his personal life.

I became fascinated with this album, and even more when I had learned about the context behind its creation.

2. IGOR by Tyler the Creator

 I have never been too much into rap music, even with artists like Eminem or Lil Peep being very popular in today's day and age. But when I heard IGOR by Tyler, the Creator, I was truly blown away.

IGOR talks about the titular character going through a relationship break-up, and what comes after heartbreak.

It really spoke to me as someone who never truly understood love to the fullest, with its raw lyrics and passionate sound, it was able to make me feel like I was in Igor's shoes.


Comments

  1. Dear Paolo.
    This truly is a masterpiece of a post. I really like and appreciate your wonderful and flawless commentary on this albums that are a big reference in pop culture today. Keep it up!
    Sincerely, Fani :3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Artemis? Everything you need to know about NASA's new moon mission

Engineering Project to Help Third World Countries Benefit from Globalization

Skateboarding is Now a Olympic Sport!